Here are my top 5 Tips to stay #consistent and preserve the longevity of your fitness journey. Generally these are also good pointers for life as well, you could say these are lessons I've learned from years of training in the gym, and till today I am still working on incorporating them in my life.
1. Don't Let it Engulf Your Life - I've often talked about how important balance is. Yes, exercise and diet is important, but there are so many other areas you can develop as well. I was taught pretty early on not to be a meathead, we have enough ppl stereotyping fit individuals as ego driven, self-absorbed, vain, dumb, bullies etc.
2. Think Long Term - Take some time to plan and see the bigger picture of things. Don't make snap decisions that are irreversible are just not worth the trouble correcting. Be smart with your training, don't get injured.
3. Take Each Day as it Comes - This may contradict my second point, but sometimes you can't overthink too many things or fear comes in and nothing gets done. Again, balance is the key between this and overplanning. Just get yourself to the gym, once you are there you'll know what to do.
4. Safeguard Your Passion - It's easy to get burnt out and lose faith. Discouragement comes in all forms but in the end, it's really up to you how you want to deal with it. Perspective is important when it comes to this.
5. Be Patient - Today, everyone wants everything done fast, instantly. Well, easy come easy go. Putting in the time and work allows you to be confident in what you do because you know it didn't come easy, cause lets face it... #Ifitwaseasyeverybodywoulddoit